Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Top 10 for October


Those of you who are cool know what the Top 10 is about.

It's my monthly listing where I catalog which tennis players have the most photos on the brflines site.
It's interesting to me about how much of a disparity there is out there for these photos. I know I look equally as hard for my favorite players, like Tommy and Novak, as I do for those who I don't like or don't know much about.

A lot of it has to do with the fans. You can find a TON of Andy Roddick photos out there, but there is a paucity of photos for the less familiar players.

So, that's my observation for the day. Here's the list:

1. Novak Djokovic (219)
2. Tommy Robredo (211)
3. Fernando Verdasco (184)
4. Richard Gasquet (171)
5. Roger Federer (102)
6. Rafael Nadal (98)
7. Marat Safin (74)
8. Jarkko Nieminen (72)
9. Juan Carlos Ferrero (70)
10. Feliciano Lopez (70)

So the news. There's actually been some movement in the Top 10 this month. Fernando Verdasco has supplanted Richy Gasquet in the #3 spot, a spot that Richy's held since I started tracking these rankings 19 months ago! Nando's been doing well and has been wearing white shorts for the good part of the year on the tour. Richy's back in the action and is still rockin the white Lacoste shorts, so I expect him to try to get the third spot back.

Fedrer has also moved past Nadal for the #4 spot. It may only be temporary though, as I have a huge Nadal update later this month.

The next ten are: Andy Roddick, David Ferrer, Mario Ancic, Dmitry Tursunov, Paul Henri Mathieu, Thomas Johansson, Fernando Gonzalez, Tim Henman, Max Mirnyi, and Julien Benneteau.

Well kiddies, that's it for now. Enjoy!

No comments: