Friday, February 20, 2015

Important Notice: Updates will Cease Effective April 20



Hey all.

I'm writing with an important notice.

Effective April 20, 2015, I will cease updating this blog. All updates for the brieflines archive will be made via Tumblr.

I have toyed around with this move for a while, but only now have decided to go ahead with it, having had the chance to play around with it for a week now. I will be using the Tumblr stream for both information (update news to the archives) and dissemination of photos (currently done via the google group).

Utlizing Tumblr this way will allow me to fulfill what I believe my number one goal is: to identify and disseminate as many photos of professional athlete underwear lines as possible. By collapsing the two platforms (the blog and the group) into one, the efficiencies I gain will be transferred to the rather laborious process of finding new photos.

Further, a significant portion of new photos will be original screencaps that I'll be generating. The process for doing those is time intensive, so any time savings that can be yielded through the efficiencies gained by fewer social media accounts to manage, will be reinvested into this.

Both the blog and the group will be left static (i.e., not shut down) as a record of the work we have engaged as a community of lines lovers.

I apologize for any inconvenience and have a great weekend!

No comments: